Parkland College Expected May 2017
AAS in Graphic Design
DePaul University 2011
BA in Public Relations & Advertising with a Minor in Graphic Design
Hilary Pope Design May 2011 – Present
Freelance Graphic Design
- Design logos, posters, books, flyers, websites, social media content, album covers, promotional materials, etc. for individual clients and organizations.
The Blind Pig Apr 2017 – Present
Marketing Director and Graphic Designer
- Graphic design.
- Market events and Brewery news through the use of social media, website updates & news releases.
- Manage social media content across platforms.
- Photography and video production for merchandising, branding and social media.
- Develop and maintain the online store including packing and shipping all orders.
- Website Design and maintenance.
Forged a partnership with 40 North to create Pig Daze, an annual beer release party that will feature work from a selected local artist.
Art Coop Jan 2017 – Dec 2017
Part time Sales
- Provide customer service, art supply recommendations and handle transactions.
Neutral Design Studio Apr 2016 – Oct 2016
Graphic Designer & Project Manager
- Designed web and print advertisements, branding, websites, business cards, logos, bike decals and more.
- Managed “Spoke & Saddle”, a website that promoted and sold work for local artists and makers. Managed the curation, artist connections, branding, photography, creative shoots, and online sales.
- Organized “Maker’s Monday” program in partnership with Bentley’s Pub, where locals were invited to draw, shop and participate in creative activities.
The Blind Man Mar 2013 – Dec 2015
Administrative Assistant & Graphic Designer
- Answered phones, managed multiple designer’s schedules, updated website and social media pages, helped customers select products and fabrics.
- Designed brochures, posters, banners, business cards, and promotional items.
- Helped plan and market company event.
Hobbico Feb 2012 – Nov 2013
Online Media Specialist
- Managed 20+ Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages for Hobbico proprietary brands.
- Created photo and video content for social media and event promotions.
- Worked with creative teams to generate ideas for branding, videos and promotions for new Hobbico products.
Navy Pier Spring 2010
Public Relations Intern
- Wrote press releases and the Summer Events press kit.
- Sent content to all relevant Chicago news outlets.
- Created social media content for Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Facilitated press conferences.
- Graphic designer and organizer for PechaKucha Night C-U.
- Artist with a studio in the Lincoln Building.
- Member of The Screamin' Fridas (We make and sell art at local markets!)
- Assistant Coach for Mahomet-Seymour High School Girls Tennis.
- Organized 1000 Cranes for Peace. (A public art project focused on healing and peace in the midst of local and national gun violence)
Computer & Web
Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Muse, Dreamweaver, Bridge, HTML, After Effects, CSS, Bootstrap, Microsoft Suite, MailChimp, Squarespace, Wordpress, Shopify, Wix, Hootsuite.
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vine, Snapchat.